If you have a question to be included on this list, please let us know.
- Why do you focus on women and not on men?
- Why do you think women can be of any influence?
- What can I do to help?
- Why do you work with ambassadors who show the film to their friends?
- Why don't you give any rules that I can follow to further Food Security?
- Will I have to prepare a speech or talk if I act as an ambassador?
- What do you mean by 'healing the Pyramid'?
- Women account for more than 80 % of the global food purchase decisions (as a mother/wife, in Educational and Health Care Institutions and in companies). This mean that if you talk about 'consumers' you actually talk about 'women'. We believe that a woman can really make a difference in our global Food Security, provided that she educates herself and other women on this topic. Furthermore, women account for between 60 and 80 % of the agricultural food production, meaning producing seeds and other materials needed for our daily food. Our focus on women does not mean that we do not think men are important in this regard. On the contrary, we think men and women should do it together. But at this moment women are not as involved as men in the decision making on food production and food supply, and we believe they should (from every position, regardless whether this is in a multinational food company or from her own kitchen).
- There are 4 important reasons why we think women can really make a difference at this point of time: 1- Our global food supply is in the hands of just a few Multinationals. These companies depend on the consumer's choice and they realize this now more than ever. 2 - For the first time in 50 years the Common Agricultural Policy (Gemeenschappelijk Landbouwbeleid), with approx. 55 billion subsidies given to European farmers, was reformed in 2013. It no longer focuses at how big a farmer is, but on whether the farmer produces quality food for fair prices. 3- Greenpeace was successfull in a test case it applied under the "European citizen's initiative", which enables a milllion or more people to jointly ask the European Commission to change EU legislation. 4- for the first time ever in history people are able to connect with each other easily and real time via the internet. This provides for an important tool for empowerment of women globally.
- At this stage for us it is most important to have 'CERES, the Movie' seen by as many women in The Netherlands as possible, and get the discussion going. This means that we need a lot of so-called ambassadors. You can help us best if you become an ambassador yourself, organize an evening where you can show the movie to your friends and/or try to have it on the agenda of an existing network you are a member of, and we believe that the Movie and Toolkit will do the rest!
- In The Netherlands millions of women are organized in some sort of women network that comes together on regular basis. For example, the NVR (Nederlandse Vrouwen Raad) is an umbrella organisation with more than 1,2 million indirect members, Vrouwen van Nu has 46.000 members and KVO has more than 15.000 members. Soroptimist International has 75.000 members worldwide. These networks always look for opportunities to have speakers or movies about important subjects to discuss together. We therefore provide a product that meets the needs of such women networks (movie and toolkit), but we are also ensured that the discussion can be continued if we involve the most active person of such network (= the ambassador) in follow-up activities. In our view women in The Netherlands should be able to infuse each other with good ideas and we wish to offer opportunities for such cross-pollination by means of our website and Social Media.
- CERES believes that women have a perfect sense of what is rightful and honest. Every woman has much knowledgde about food and groceries. When women are enlightened about the fact that their acts really matter to the world, in our view they will read and watch all magazines, newspapers and other media in a different way. At this period of time there are many wonderful Food Initaitives that give rules and advice to follow. We believe that every woman can choose the initiative that really fits her lifestyle and passion. We do however think that the world will be helped a great deal when women educate themselves, unite and share their knowledge with friends and family (including of course men).
- The only thing you should do as an Ambassador is invite friends to a meeting at your house or club and have everyone see and hear the information provided to you when you buy the movie in the webshop. The DVD contains everything you need for a very joyful and educational evening!
- The world actually resembles a pyramid when you look at how our food is divided. A very small number of people and companies produce the food for all the world's population and a very small number of people actually eats most of world's food supply. This pyramid is hampered, because large groups of people are hungry or are fighting for food.